Look at me, I made a blog

June 29, 2010

Love Is An Astronaut


via BrooklynVegan


Man, things have been so quiet here. Meanwhile, I've been cooking up a storm on my Tumblr. So, it's time for a change. It's time for my two passions to meet on this ill-named blog.

Over the last month or so, I've been trying to figure out why I've lost my music-loving fire and how I can get it back. Well, I can thank Twin Sister for making me feel something that I thought I would never feel again. As a wise friend reminded me, once your mind has been blown enough times, it takes something special to leave a lasting impression. When I watched Twin Sister perform "The Other Side of Your Face" at the Music Hall of Williamsburg last Saturday, I felt like I was hearing the song for the very first time. I was caught in an unbreakable trance, and I didn't want it to end. In that moment, I realized why I'd spent so much time and money on this interest: I was addicted to the high of experiencing mind-blowing music. So what if 99% of all music doesn't fall in this category? I need to search on.

So, why food? If you know me IRL, you know that I really love food. Why else would I make a map of all the banh mi places in NYC? In an effort to improve my health, reduce waste, and save some money, I have been teaching myself to cook. I'm pretty much a beginner in the kitchen, but maybe you will learn something from my small successes and utter failures. At the very least, I think the pictures will make you hungry/drool. You'll probably bear witness to some of my nutrition decisions like Meatless Mondays or gluten-free weeks. When I'm back in the black, I might even write some restaurant reviews.

I'm not really sure how music and food will come together on Look at me, I made a blog. There are music+food sites that I really enjoy (including Sound Bites and Musical Pairings), but I want to come up with my own style. Maybe the answer will be that the two will not be integrated, but I'm not sure at this point. This will be an experiment for both of us. If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

5 comments:

Matthew on June 29, 2010 at 4:15 PM said...

Awesome! I'm just happy to hear you that you'll keep posting! Good luck Mimi!

Matthew

mimi on June 29, 2010 at 4:46 PM said...

Thanks, Matt! :)

nate on June 29, 2010 at 6:31 PM said...

kickass

-LONG TIME FAN

mimi on June 29, 2010 at 7:03 PM said...

Haha thanks, Nate!

canvas prints on October 18, 2011 at 7:01 AM said...

Great post, glad everything is going so well.

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog