Look at me, I made a blog

March 18, 2008

Cut Copy



A part of my soul is crying right now. A bit dramatic? Yes, maybe just a little bit, but I just missed seeing Cut Copy at Mercury Lounge (also my favorite venue) tonight. A few weeks ago, I tried looking for tickets to the sold-out show. But, when eBay cruelly informed me that I did not win the tickets, I gave up; I bought tickets home to Chicago. At the very least, I wouldn't have to be in the same city while missing the show. Thankfully, when Cut Copy announced another New York show in May, I immediately bought tickets. I may have to wait another two months, but at least I will finally experience them.

So, who is this band that unknowingly broke my heart? Cut Copy is a 3-member band from Melbourne, Australia, and their music is reminiscent of 80s dance. You may think that other bands have already done what Cut Copy is doing now and have done it better, but who doesn't love retro music?

I was initially introduced to Cut Copy years ago when I downloaded "Saturdays" from Insound.com. Now, with the release date of their sophomore album approaching, I've been hearing "Lights & Music" over and over again from many different places. And, well, the song is kinda awesome. Cut Copy posted In Ghost Colours on their myspace a couple days ago. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but I like what I hear so far. "Far Away" is my current favorite.

Cut Copy stopped by Austin, TX for a couple shows, and it seems like In Ghost Colours is going to be well-received. I noticed them on a couple lists in the Guide to Pitchfork's SXSW 2008 Coverage.

Don't miss the next Cut Copy show and be heartbroken like I am right now. Cut Copy plays the Bowery Ballroom on May 14. I will be the girl in the front, dancing like crazy.


Far Away - Cut Copy


Lights & Music - Cut Copy


Hearts on Fire - Cut Copy


That Was Just a Dream - Cut Copy


Saturdays - Cut Copy




Cut Copy

1 comments:

Food for thought, literally (sometimes) on March 20, 2008 at 1:10 PM said...

are you TRYING to get people to hit on you by identifying yourself in your post? Hysteria ensues at the Kim household.

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog