Look at me, I made a blog

July 19, 2008

Siren Music Festival 2008


The Dodos



Ra Ra Riot

I survived 90+ degree heat to see Ra Ra Riot and The Dodos. I saw the Dodos back in April and two nights ago (which I'm glad I did because the Dodos' music is best suited for a small, intimate venue), but I hadn't seen Ra Ra Riot since they opened for Tokyo Police Club at Mercury Lounge back in the spring of '07. After that show, I couldn't stop playing "Each Year" on my iTunes.

Ra Ra Riot is a great live act, and it is no wonder that they are gaining a lot of hype without even releasing a full-length album (The Rhumb Line is due on August 19). I wanted to catch them at the Bowery Ballroom this past spring, but I waited too long to buy tickets and the show sold out. This band has a lot of energy, and I always have a lot of fun watching them perform. The string instruments definitely add a refreshing classical influence to Ra Ra Riot's music.

I'm going to go nurse my sunburnt face now... Even though I was in ridiculous heat while I was traveling, the weather at Siren was especially unbearable. I wanted to stay for Broken Social Scene, but I just couldn't stand the heat of the sun and crowd anymore. Needless to say, there was even less dancing than I would usually expect at a New York show. I definitely prefer the crowd at Pitchfork Music Festival, but my friend told me that the Saturday was rainy, humid, muddy, and overall very unpleasant.

Each Year - Ra Ra Riot


Dying is Fine - Ra Ra Riot


A Manner to Act - Ra Ra Riot

1 comments:

Emily on August 5, 2008 at 3:37 PM said...

i love dying is fine

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog