Look at me, I made a blog

January 12, 2008

MGMT



I have to confess. Radiohead and The Most Serene Republic are all I have been listening to lately. But, in the last few days, MGMT has been sneaking onto my daily playlist. From Brooklyn (surprise, surprise), MGMT is two guys, backed up by a few more people to make up a 5-piece band. I saw them open for Of Montreal back in October. They were the first opening act and, to be honest, I didn't really pay attention. It may have been that there were more underagers there than I could handle, but I just decided to chill out until Of Montreal came onstage. In retrospect, what a shame.

Randomly, I came across "Time to Pretend" last month on my iTunes. And then I came across their crazy interactive video for "Electric Feel," which is a great song. How can you not move your body to this song? I have yet to download the video game, but I'll probably do that after I finish this post

Recently, they performed on David Letterman and, man, the performance is not very exciting. Somehow, I can't blame them. I feel like a lot of bands come off as all serious and unfun on TV. Then again, when I see bands go all out on TV, I think they're tools. Lose, lose. That's exactly what I thought about the Arctic Monkeys when I saw them perform on SNL back in 2006. Don't get me wrong, I listen to the Arctic Monkeys and i have both of their albums.

MGMT is co-headlining a tour with Yeasayer, and they will be playing the Bowery Ballroom on 2/13 and the Music Hall of Williamsburg on 2/14. What a great Valentine's Day present that would be.


Time to Pretend - MGMT


Electric Feel - MGMT




MGMT

1 comments:

Anisa on January 18, 2008 at 6:16 AM said...

the journal just talked about them! lol
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120062547686199759.html?mod=hps_us_editors_picks

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog