Look at me, I made a blog

January 27, 2008

Jack Peñate




I normally don't like bubbly music, but I've been finding myself humming along with Jack Peñate. While Peñate's rockabilly songs reach my pop music limitation, his upbeat music is rather infectious. After seeing him play Mercury Lounge last week for the US release of his album Matinee, I think it's easy to see that his personality perfectly matches his music. He said it himself: "I'm like a 12-year-old." Well, he definitely has the excitability of a young boy, even at the age of 23. I've never seen anyone jump around so much while playing the guitar! I have to admit, his jumping was a little dangerous. I was in the front and Peñate almost hit me with his guitar, NO JOKE. But for a solo act (backed by a drummer and a bassist), Peñate does his best to entertain with a little bit of craziness.

Signed onto XL Recordings (Thom Yorke, MIA, Vampire Weekend), Peñate is already well-known in the UK indie scene. Wikipedia has informed me that Peñate has been topping the indie charts overseas. Unsurprisingly, the show was filled with music execs, bloggers, and many devoted British fans. Apparently, his shows in the UK are quite pricey, nothing compared to the $10 that I paid to see him. After the show, he spent a lot of time talking to everyone who approached him.

The accent is pretty charming, but will Jack Peñate be the next hot UK import?


Got My Favourite - Jack Peñate


Have I Been A Fool? - Jack Peñate


Learning Lines - Jack Peñate



Jack Peñate

1 comments:

large canvas on March 12, 2012 at 8:06 AM said...

Awesome guy, love this debut album! Top man!

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog