Look at me, I made a blog

February 10, 2008

Hot Chip - Made In the Dark



This is the best time to blog...4 AM after a Saturday night. Anyway, everyone is blogging about Hot Chip's new album so I might as well put in my 2 cents. I'll keep it short and sweet.

Hot Chip played a show here last week and I just didn't get the hype. I mean, I possibly still don't understand. All I know now is that I keep on listening to "Ready for the Floor," and I keep on watching the video. Catchy? Hell yes. Catchy enough to want to see them live in April when they return to NYC. Also, I am very intrigued by brooklynvegan's review of the Hot Chip show. Apparently, the show was "perfect." If that truly is the case, I will probably make it out to the infamously terrible venue that is Terminal 5.

I first heard Hot Chip when they were out with their ridiculously addicting single, "Over and Over." And, honestly, Made In the Dark doesn't have another "Over and Over" on its tracklist. However, the new album is definitely repeatable. Overall, I think that Made In the Dark is a better album in that I am able to put more than a few tracks on repeat. Therefore, the entire album leaves a more lasting impression on me. While The Warning had some great singles, I found myself not wanting to listen to the rest of the album.

So does it bother me that I listen to Hot Chip on my ipod, only to hear the same songs when I walk into Urban Outfitters? I'll excuse it this time.

Also, are we really surprised by Pitchfork's review? Oh, Pitchfork. How I still read you, even though you are quite absurd at times.

Check out Hot Chip when they come to Terminal 5 on April 12.

Sorry, the Hot Chip songs got taken down. Check out their myspace. Don't miss "Bendable Poseable."


Hot Chip

0 comments:

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog