Look at me, I made a blog

March 15, 2009

"Already Over" - Violens


via Sonic-Exposed

When David asked me if I had heard Violens, I replied with an immediate, "Of course." But, when I searched through my library, I realized that I actually had none of their music. Then, how the hell did I know the name Violens? It slowly dawned on me that I may have seen them perform before. Don't think that my lack of memory implies that they are not worth knowing, because I'm currently very addicted to a couple of Violens songs. One of these songs, "Already Over" is pretty much on permanent repeat because I can't get enough of it. Simple components like a moving bass line, reverby vocals, and light snare drum all come together in the most delightful way in the first verse. Less than a minute in, and I'm already completely won over.

Violens' self-titled EP is currently available for download on iTunes with a physical release on March 17. I tried to see them again last night, but a long door line deterred me. Epic fail.

Thanks to David for the reintroduction.

Already Over - Violens | Alternative Link

Violens

2 comments:

Zukistrukis on October 6, 2010 at 4:31 PM said...

please! can you reupload the file? I realy love this band and I´m desesperate for this track!!!!!

art on canvas on November 28, 2011 at 8:24 AM said...

Me too! Give the people what they want!!

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog