Look at me, I made a blog

March 7, 2009

"Spirited" - Laura Gibson


via Hush Records

If you're in New York, then you were lucky enough to awake to a beautiful spring morning today. Unfortunately, the sun is playing a game of hide and seek, but it's still warm enough to abandon your jackets and scarves. I was taking a leisurely stroll to the library earlier today when Laura Gibson's "Spirited" starting playing on my iPod. The gentle vocals, soft drums, and sparse guitar picking of the song seemed to perfectly complement the spring weather preview we're experiencing at the moment. On a day like this, I just want to slow down and appreciate the uncomplicated joys that life offers us. So, the minimalist song of Gibson immediately caught my ear. From Portland, Laura Gibson is a name that I've come across several times in the last month or so, but I had yet to listen to any of her music until this cosmic day. I haven't listened to her latest album Beasts of Seasons, but I hope the rest picks up from where "Spirited" ends.

Showers are in the forecast for tomorrow, so take advantage of this perfect Saturday before the spring forward.

Spirited - Laura Gibson | Alternative Link

Laura Gibson

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today has been blissful in so many ways. Thanks for the pick.

mimi on March 7, 2009 at 7:35 PM said...

hope you got some sun in providence!

landscape canvas on November 18, 2011 at 11:05 AM said...

Love the track and love Laura, great stuff!

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog