Look at me, I made a blog

February 4, 2010

"Nectarine" - Twin Sister


via BrooklynVegan


Let's play some more catch up. Twin Sister seems to be the buzz these days, and I am also buying in. I've been desperately trying to see this band live, but, so far, attending a show has not been in the cards for me. Still, I've figured that I might as well put up a short post on "Nectarine," my current favorite song.

Simply devastating, "Nectarine" is a song that I can't get out of my head. I have a weak heart for finger-picked melodies, but my favorite moment in "Nectarine" is when all the other instruments finally join the guitar and vocals. It's such a beautiful musical bloom, and it gets to me every single time. If you look around Twin Sister's extremely user-friendly site, you'll find a ton of free mp3s available for download. As I started to go through them, I found that Twin Sister's music really ranged in genre and sounds. I'm very curious to see and hear their live show, especially if it's any indication of what is to come from the band. According to Bill Pearis, Twin Sister's current live sound combines "'80s-back-to-jazz (Sade, Style Council) with more drony/Krautrock type stuff (Notwist, Stereolab)." Even if the rest of Twin Sister's music doesn't sound like "Nectarine," I feel like I need to see the band who is responsible for that piece of musical bliss.

Twin Sister plays The Studio at Webster Hall tonight. I'm going to try my hardest to make their show on Saturday at The Tank.

Twin Sister's forthcoming Color Your Life EP will be released by Infinite Best Recordings. I can't wait to hear more. In the meantime, you can grab Vampires with Dreaming Kids here.


Nectarine - Twin Sister

I Want a House - Twin Sister

5 comments:

Mark Schoneveld on February 4, 2010 at 3:38 PM said...

One of my favorite bands du jour!

Kyle on February 4, 2010 at 11:11 PM said...

Thanks much for the rec!

mimi on February 5, 2010 at 12:37 PM said...

Mark, I've been following your coverage on yvynyl! I'm so excited to finally see them tomorrow.

P on February 11, 2010 at 8:48 PM said...

Holly Smokes!!!

Citizen Analog is a must read!

canvas art on November 16, 2011 at 6:18 AM said...

Ahh I love these, great band!

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog