Look at me, I made a blog

October 5, 2008

Fleet Foxes - Webster Hall 10.05.08





Thanks to Alex for taking these pictures with my broken camera

Second night in a row of Fleet Foxes bliss. I know, I really am spoiled. Same amazing sounds, different banter. That's really the charm of these guys; they love to respond to the audience. I like how someone just randomly yelled out, "Ren and Stimpy!" To that, Casey Westcott joked that there was no open invitation for random pop culture references. The best moment was when someone yelled, "Play Katie Cruel," right after Robin had done just that.

Oh, and if you were wondering, Robin spent the day in Williamsburg. Seems appropriate.

Does anyone know what "important" attending people were responsible for making FF nervous tonight?

I'm going to keep this short, so check out the post on last night's Grand Ballroom show here for more details. Click here to hear more songs, read about other FF shows, and to see a video performance of "Crayon Angels."

If you haven't seen Fleet Foxes yet, you seriously have no idea what you're missing. I feel sorry for you. After this tour, FF is heading back to Seattle to record their next album. So, it may be awhile until you can see them again. :( Sad face emoticon is definitely appropriate here.

Setlist (I personally wrote this one down, so I would appreciate a credit if you post it elsewhere)

Sun Giant/Sun Rises
Drops in the River
English House
White Winter Hymnal
Ragged Wood
Your Protector
Crayon Angels (Judee Sill Cover)
Oliver James
Quiet Houses
He Doesn't Know Why
Mykonos
Katie Cruel (Traditional) - unplugged!
Tiger Mountain Peasant Song
Silver City - new song!
Blue Ridge Mountains

Ragged Wood - Fleet Foxes


Fleet Foxes

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The "important attending people" could have been Dan from Department of Eagles. Just a guess.

mimi on October 6, 2008 at 12:10 AM said...

dan rossen??? it's funny that you say dan from DOE instead of dan from grizzly bear. maybe it's because their record release show is tomorrow... would love to get tickets to that.

Gideon on October 6, 2008 at 2:27 AM said...

I saw Chris Taylor from G Bear (who is also in DOE I might add), so Dan was probably also there. It was definitely at least a partially G bear related comment though.

OFTGD on October 6, 2008 at 8:57 AM said...

here's a video I filmed of Silver City...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLla5shVQ04

Sorry for the video quality, had to switch quality settings, due to memory shortage. The sound is alright though.

canvas print on November 14, 2011 at 6:46 AM said...

Love Fleet Foxes, so good live it's like a magical trip.

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog