Look at me, I made a blog

November 26, 2007

"I'm Not There" Original Soundtrack



"I'm Not There" is the biographical film on the life of Bob Dylan. In the movie, Bob Dylan is played by six different actors, including Heath Ledger, Richard Gere, and Cate Blanchett. While the movie has some mixed reviews, it currently boasts a 81% on Rotten Tomatoes. To be honest, I don't know much about Bob Dylan, his life and his music. But, it is easy to see that the soundtrack for "I'm Not There" is monumental. The artists that cover Bob Dylan range from Cat Power to Sonic Youth to Stephen Malkmus and Sufjan Stevens. Credited in many of the songs, the Million Dollar Bashers are a group that include members of Sonic Youth, Wilco, and other musicians.

I've chosen a few songs to feature on this posting. These are not to be missed! I didn't even like Cat Power until I heard her cover. And it's nice to learn some Iron & Wine that doesn't immediately soothe you to sleep.

If you can, I highly recommend that you hear the rest of the soundtrack. It's a 2-CD compilation with a total of 34 songs. Some of the other artists include Yo La Tengo, the Hold Steady, Eddie Vedder (of Pearl Jam), and the Black Keys.



Ring Them Bells - Sufjan Stevens


Dark Eyes - Calexico and Iron & Wine


Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again - Cat Power



Bob Dylan

0 comments:

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog