Look at me, I made a blog

November 12, 2007

Rogue Wave



I saw Rogue Wave at the Bowery Ballroom back on November 1. I'm reminded of the date because I'm horrendously sick right now and it all started after that concert. I should learn to dress more appropriately for the outside weather and not the indoors weather.

Anyway, Rogue Wave was my favorite band of Spring 2006, first started listening to them in 2003-2004 Rogue Wave put on a surprisingly entertaining show. To be honest, judging by the mellowness of their music, I didn't expect much out of watching them live. Also, I'm not the biggest fan of their new album, "Asleep at Heaven's Gate." But I was completely won over when Zach Rogue (the lead singer and guitarist) had us sing "California" acappella with him! He claimed that he hadn't performed the piece in a long time and would mess up the instrumentals. They played a long set, over two hours long. As expected, they covered most of their new album. But, they also brought back some old favorites from "Descended Like Vultures" and "Out of the Shadow." I was disappointed that they didn't perform "Love's Lost Guarantee" since it's one of my favorites, but "Kicking the Heart Out" almost made up for it.

If music is my lover, you are just a tease.

Setlist
Like I Needed
Lullaby
Every Moment
Sewn Up
Ghost
Christians in Black
Publish My Love
Chicago X 12
Eyes
Bird on a Wire
Lake Michigan
Harmonium
Cheaper than Therapy
Postage Stamp World
Kicking the Heart Out
Birds (Cover)


Lake Michigan - Rogue Wave


California - Rogue Wave


Like I Needed - Rogue Wave


Seconds (U2 Cover) - Rogue Wave


Love's Lost Guarantee - Rogue Wave

Kicking the Heart Out - Rogue Wave


Rogue Wave

0 comments:

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog