Look at me, I made a blog

November 18, 2007

Covers of "Knife" by Grizzly Bear



Grizzly Bear is a Brooklyn-based band that I saw at Pitchfork Music Festival over the summer. Their single, "Knife," may be the most covered song in the indie music scene. Beirut covers it while drunk in Paris, which is pretty entertaining. Even a high school a cappella group covers the song. Hell, even Grizzly Bear does their own song a cappella on the streets of Paris in a La Blogotheque Takeaway Show.

So, who does "Knife" the best? Grizzly Bear? CSS? Beirut? You decide.

My favorite version of the song is Girl Talk's remix of "Knife" and Clipse's "Wamp Wamp." I saw Girl Talk perform the remix at Pitchfork Music Fest, and Grizzly Bear appeared onstage to sing their part! Video footage is below.





Knife (Girl Talk Remix) - Grizzly Bear feat. Clipse


Knife (Grizzly Bear Cover) - CSS


Knife - Grizzly Bear



Grizzly Bear

0 comments:

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog