Look at me, I made a blog

November 29, 2007

Vampire Weekend


Picture was taken in Hamilton.

Vampire Weekend, you are my heroes. You graduated from Columbia, you're doing your thing, and you're getting somewhere. You toured with my favorite band, Tokyo Police Club, and with Ra Ra Riot. I don't even personally know any of you and I am so excited because I ACTUALLY LIKE LISTENING TO YOUR MUSIC.

What amuses me the most is that Vampire Weekend's first live performance was at a battle of the bands event hosted by my engineering school's student council. Needless to say, the judges were not experts on music. It's laughable that Vampire Weekend finished 3rd out of 4 bands. Read the Columbia coverage here and coverage by the NY Sun here. I love the judge who commented," Generally, I don’t like hipsters, but you guys are OK." Oh, I am sad to be an engineer right now.

***UPDATE*** Vampire Weekend was featured in Vogue, and the article says that the band formed exactly four days before the battle of the bands event.

I'm definitely planning on going to this Vampire Weekend album release show since the other one is sold out. Both shows are in January at the Bowery Ballroom.

If I didn't have finals, I would go to Cambridge to see TPC, Ra Ra Riot, and Vampire Weekend play at the Friends of John charity show.

So, if you haven't already, give them a listen. The album will be officially released early next year. They say they are influenced by popular African music and classical Western music. "African preppy." Nice and mellow. They did a Daytrotter session not too long ago.

"Oxford Comma" makes me smile, because I am a huge nerd and love the Oxford comma. It bothers me when people don't use it. So, "who gives a fuck about an Oxford comma?" I do, Vampire Weekend.


Oxford Comma - Vampire Weekend



Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa - Vampire Weekend



Mansard Roof




Vampire Weekend

1 comments:

Food for thought, literally (sometimes) on November 29, 2007 at 12:43 PM said...

VAMPIRE WEEKEND WOOT WOTO.. when my cafe opens, im going to have them play the opening show... assuming it ever opens.

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog