Look at me, I made a blog

November 23, 2007

Of Montreal




With seven PLUG award nominations, Of Montreal is tied with Battles (the only math rock band I've experienced) for most nods. I saw Of Montreal live for the first time at Pitchfork (Chicago) over the summer. BEST LIVE SHOW EVER. The performance had everything from costume changes, semi-nudity, props, to applesauce that was dyed blood red (which was passed around the crowd. It stained my bag horribly). I felt bad for the two little kids who were standing near me. They looked pretty traumatized when Kevin Barnes stripped down to leather undies and a leather lace-up bustier. I saw Of Montreal again in NYC at the Roseland Ballroom last month in October. I showed up to the venue about 15 minutes before doors open, thinking that I was early. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. Since the show was not 21+ or even 18+, all these high schoolers showed up hours early. The line was more than a block long, and it took me over 30 minutes to get inside. I didn't realize it was so cool to like Of Montreal.

"Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?" is one of the best albums of the past year. Granted, it is also one of the most depressing albums ever written. However, it's amazing, especially considering that Kevin Barnes pretty much recorded the entire thing by himself (vocals, instrumentals, and all).

Also, apparently, Of Montreal is on some new T-Mobile commercial. "Gronlandic Edit" is featured at the end. The song has also been used recently by Girl Talk (Gregg Gillis) and Trey Told 'Em, Gregg Gillis' project with Frank Musarra.

Enjoy.

Gronlandic Edit - Of Montreal


Requiem for O.M.M.2 - Of Montreal


Bunny Ain't No Kind Of Rider - Of Montreal



Of Montreal

0 comments:

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog