Look at me, I made a blog

March 10, 2008

Fleet Foxes - Sun Giant EP



Another band from the West Coast, Fleet Foxes is also heading down to Austin, Texas to perform at this little festival called SXSW (You may have heard of it). I found this band not from SXSW, but from Pitchfork's section of best new music. Now, Pitchfork and I do not see eye to eye on most albums, but I have to admit that Fleet Foxes' Sun Giant EP is a great listen.

According to Sub Pop Records, Fleet Foxes is a "baroque harmonic pop combo" from Seattle, Washington. If you don't normally like folk music, Fleet Foxes will make you wonder how you were so wrong in the first place (because folk is awesome). "English House" is definitely my favorite track off Sun Giant, a beautiful showcase of the band's musical composition and performance abilities.

Sun Giant is just a sneak peek at what is to come. Fleet Foxes will be releasing a self-titled LP on June 3rd of this year. But, for now, you can buy Sun Giant from Sub Pop or from Insound.com.

Check out Fleet Foxes at the Bowery Ballroom with Blitzen Trapper on March 29. They are also one of the first confirmed acts for Pitchfork Music Festival 2008.

This is great studying music. Except, it's so good that it's distracting me from actually studying. Thus, I blog.


English House - Fleet Foxes


Mykonos - Fleet Foxes


Drops in the River - Fleet Foxes

1 comments:

cheap canvas print on March 14, 2012 at 10:28 AM said...

Love Fleet floxes, thanks for the tracks!

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog