Look at me, I made a blog

August 27, 2008

Of Montreal - "For Our Elegant Caste"


via Wikipedia

I've read so many posts on Of Montreal today, that I had to jump on the wagon. I started listening to Skeletal Lamping four days ago, but I still haven't had the time to give the album the time that it deserves. As I said many months ago, Of Montreal's last album (Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?) was one of my top albums of 2007. I have to admit, I didn't think that the first time I heard the album. But, as I gave it the time and listen that it deserved, I realized that the album was fantastic. Although Skeletal Lamping is more like The Sunlandic Twins than Hissing Fauna, I'm finding that I'm going to need some more time with it before I can say anything concrete.

For now, enjoy "For Our Elegant Caste." You will find that the lyrics are quite memorable and fun to sing along to. Love the reference to Georgie Fruit, Kevin Barnes' glam rock alter-ego. I remember seeing them perform this one at their Roseland Ballroom show last fall. I've also included "Id Engager," the first released track from Skeletal Lamping.

Of Montreal returns to Roseland Ballroom on October 10.

For Our Elegant Caste - Of Montreal | Alternative Link


Id Engager - Of Montreal


Of Montreal

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sister and I have been listening to Skeletal Lamping in the car for the past 2 weeks. Its AMAZING! I have been looking for the lyrics to "For our Elegant Caste" but havent been able to find them :(

cheap canvas print on March 7, 2012 at 10:50 AM said...

Really good review my man, thanks a lot!

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog