Look at me, I made a blog

November 16, 2008

Girl Talk - "Give Me a Beat"


via Music For Kids Who Can't Read Good

It sucks to be home on a Saturday night with the beginnings of what I predict will be a nasty cold. The kind that will turn into bronchitis and force me to see a doctor. Knowing this, I knew that there was no way I could go to Girl Talk both Saturday and Sunday nights. So, I parted with my Saturday tickets via Craigslist a couple days ago so that I could rest up for Sunday night. Tomorrow night, I will be going with the same group of friends that accompanied me to the GT show at Webster Hall last Fall. That night, people in the crowd were giving us more room to dance because we were going crazy. A "before" picture here and "after" here to show how much dancing I did at the show. I hope the Terminal 5 crowd will be less violent than it was at the Ratatat show.

I just got off the phone with Trash For Your Eyes and Ears, and he had an amazing time at the show. If you've been to Terminal 5, then I'm sure you're aware that there is a gap between the gate and the stage. However, if you want to go onstage to dance, you must rush up the stairs (located stage-right left) during the first 10 minutes of Girl Talk's set. Gregg went on around 10:45 PM last night.

See you tomorrow! I've seen Gregg Gillis three times in the last year or so, and his shows are always so much fun for me. I hope there's a mix of Night Ripper, Feed the Animals, and some new stuff. For now, enjoy "Give Me a Beat." Gregg is a genius for mashing up Of Montreal's "Gronlandic Edit" and Ali's "Breathe In, Breathe Out." Yes, I listened to the St. Lunatics. I'm from the Midwest, what do you expect?

NOTE: Tickets for tonight's show (11/16) have gone back on sale!

Give Me a Beat - Girl Talk


And my favorite off Feed the Animals:

In Step - Girl Talk


Legally download Feed the Animals here.

3 comments:

Hiemann Lee on November 16, 2008 at 9:46 AM said...

mm. i still have other people's sweat on me.

Food for thought, literally (sometimes) on November 17, 2008 at 7:29 PM said...

OOOH jase told me some more about the show... lucky.. i don't know if i have the energy to go to his shows anymore.. i feel so old.

large canvas on March 9, 2012 at 11:03 AM said...

Really good review, love this band!

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog