Look at me, I made a blog

April 20, 2009

"Song for John in D" - Kurt Vile


via Jonny Leather

Kurt Vile of The War on Drugs has been getting a lot of attention from me ever since I started listening to "Freeway" off Constant Hitmaker. While I listen to Constant Hitmaker during the day, Vile's latest LP has been the last thing that I put on before going to bed. I almost didn't end up with a copy of God is Saying This To You... due to a mishap at Insound where they accepted more pre-orders than there were physical records. Tsk, someone needs to brush up on supply chain management. Luckily, I cancelled my order and picked up a copy at Other Music before it sold out. Currently, my favorite listen off the LP is "Song for John in D." With its pensive, yet soothing picking melodies and dabbles of electric instruments, it's a song that could haunt dreams. And, considering that it's one of the last things that I listen to at night, it's quite possible that it's already lurking around in mine. Enjoy.

Song for John in D - Kurt Vile

Freeway - Kurt Vile

Kurt Vile

2 comments:

Matthew on April 21, 2009 at 9:51 AM said...

I'm glad to hear you were able to pick up a copy of God is Saying This To You... It is pretty much impossibly sold out everywhere.

mimi on April 21, 2009 at 6:16 PM said...

Yea, I lucked out and put it on hold when a local record store got a second shipment. While I could just listen to the mp3s, I particularly like listening to this album on vinyl. With the lights off.

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog