Look at me, I made a blog

July 1, 2008

Sigur Rós - "Gobbledigook"


via MusicClub

Yes, I am still alive.

Today, I officially joined the workforce, leaving behind my carefree days of youth. Overdramatic? Perhaps.

Although my employee training is somewhat painful, music like "Gobbledigook" manages to put a smile on my face during my early morning commute. I haven't listened to the new Sigur Rós album in its entirety, but I really dig this song.

Sigur Rós announced a full North American tour not too long ago. I missed them once this summer while I was traveling overseas. Looks like I'm going to miss them again, since they're playing on weekdays. Although I'm disappointed, I'm not a fan of the United Palace Theatre.

Thoughts on the new album? Been to a Sigur Rós show recently?

*Note* I have access to Blogger at work. Puhahaha.

Also, how many pictures of Sigur Rós can you take over 2 hours? Apparently, a lot.

Gobbledigook - Sigur Rós



Sigur Rós

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the sigur ros show at the amazing grand ballroom was one of the best shows this city has ever seen. just read the brooklynvegan thread on it to see what i mean.

p.s. you're back!

mimi on July 2, 2008 at 10:28 AM said...

ahhh, i'm so jealous!

barely in love on July 3, 2008 at 8:45 PM said...

i went to go see them at the met. an even better show than two years ago. i think i had a tear stream down my face at the end of it.

gobbledigook is good, but theres something missing from the power of their earlier stuff, which you could very clearly tell at the concert. ive listened to a few tracks so far, and its pretty damn good. its too bad that its too easy to compare to agaetis byrjun and von (which ive taken a huge liking to lately)

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog