Look at me, I made a blog

July 5, 2008

Sonic Youth - Battery Park 07.04.08




Photos courtesy of it's okay i have a super soaker.

I want a screwdriver capo like Lee Ranaldo's. Although, according to the Sonic Youth website, it's not exactly used as a capo.

Screwdriver -- placed under the strings behind a specific fret, a screwdriver helps construct Lee's guitar parts on "Confusion is Next" "The World Looks Red" "Early American" "I Love Her All The Time" and "Flower".

Drumstick used on the guitar is also cool. I can only hope that I will be as cool as Sonic Youth for the rest of my days.

Setlist (Thanks to Christopher and Jacob!)
She is Not Alone
Bull in the Heather
Silver Rocket
Skip Tracer
The Sprawl
World Looks Red
Jams Run Free
Hey Joni
Cross the Breeze
Trilogy a) The Wonder
Trilogy b) Hyperstation
Drunken Butterfly
-----------------
Making the Nature Scene
Pink Steam
-----------------
Schizophrenia
100%

Hey Joni - Sonic Youth



Sonic Youth

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can add "Schizophrenia," "Pink Steam," and "Making the Nature Scene" to the end of that list, but I can't recall the exact order. And did they not play one or two more?

Anonymous said...

They played 100%. I think that was the last song.

Anonymous said...

Yes, "100%" was last. I went to a BBQ after the show and that song played on someone's mix CD/playlist right after I arrived!

Here's the two encores in full:

--------
Making the Nature Scene
Pink Steam
--------
Schizophrenia
100%

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog