Look at me, I made a blog

September 4, 2008

Stars - Sad Robots EP


Stars at Town Hall in Fall 2007


On September 1, Stars, one of my favorite bands of all time, released their Sad Robots EP. I wouldn't say the tracks are especially mind-blowing, but in traditional Stars fashion, the songs still move me in a certain way. I have to say that Stars is one of the few bands that actually make me feel emotion when I listen to their recorded music. With "Undertow," it's the beautiful bass line, coupled with the piano melody, with sprinkled lyrics (I love Amy Millan's voice). "14 Forever" is not very complex, but the melodies are simply beautiful and almost haunting.

I wasn't the biggest fan of In Our Bedroom, After the War, but I continue to listen to Stars for exactly the reasons why I care about this EP. I'm sure it's not surprising that "Elevator Love Letter" is the most-listened track on my iTunes.

Stars returns to New York on September 20. Purchase the EP here.


14 Forever - Stars


Undertow - Stars


Elevator Love Letter - Stars



Stars

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In our bedroom after the war grew on me. but at first i didn't like it all that much either.

I love stars and just downloaded Sad Robot.

Caterpillarcat on September 8, 2008 at 7:18 PM said...

I love Amys voice too. If I could choose just one voice I would like to have, it would be hers.

Hennessy on September 10, 2008 at 12:58 AM said...

I had no idea who Stars was before reading this post, and now I have three new favorite songs. Thank you, Mimi.

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog