Look at me, I made a blog

September 9, 2008

Chairlift in New iPod nano Commercial!!!



**UPDATE: For those of you in New York, check out Chairlift on Sept 26! More info here.

Can I blog anymore about Chairlift? The answer is yes, and now they are featured in the new iPod nano commercial!!! Congratulations, Chairlift! You deserve it. I hope this ad does for you what it has done for others that were previously bestowed the honor (You should know that I have been a loyal Apple customer since 1993). In fact, as much as I like Broken Social Scene, I don't like Feist. I would have never ended up liking "1234" if it weren't for that iPod nano ad. Also, I only know the Fratellis from their iPod ad. Therefore, based on my personal experiences, Apple commercials are rather influential.

The song is called "Bruises," and it is from Chairlift's debut album, Does You Inspire You. The album is currently available for download. I've posted a demo version of the song, but I prefer the version off the album (which I've purposely not posted here). If you like what you hear, please support and purchase the album! "Bruises" is just a very small sample of how good the album is.

Past posts on Chairlift here, here, and here. You'll also notice that they are a current obsession of mine (list is to the right).

I'm permanently black and blue. Permanently blue for you.

Bruises (demo) - Chairlift


Chairlift

7 comments:

Hennessy on September 9, 2008 at 11:20 PM said...

Just saw this on the Apple website (easy target, I want the yellow nano) and immediately thought "who sings this great song"? Lucky me to re-stumble on your blog, Mimi, and get the answer and SO MUCH MORE. I'll be back here frequently.

- Henning

Anonymous said...

Listen to the whole song from the 2008 iPod Nano commercial.

Anonymous said...

I do think this song will give the band more exposure, however, I can't say how much. Nothing like Feist, in my opinion. This song is like the odd man out on the album. None of the others - perhaps aside from Evident Utensil - are as publicly accessible.

mimi on September 10, 2008 at 2:15 PM said...

I actually think that this ad will do more for Chairlift than what it did for Feist. Feist had already been involved with Broken Social scene for years before pursuing a solo effort. On the other hand, Chairlift is a young, fairly new band that is just beginning to receive a lot of attention from the "mainstream" indie community, especially with the digital release of their debut LP. The ad campaign timing is perfect with the release of Does You Inspire You. I wouldn't say that "Bruises" is the odd man out on the album, although I have to agree that it may have a greater pop appeal (if that is what you mean by publicly accessible) in comparison to some of the other songs off the album. Since indie music is becoming the mainstream (i.e. the commercial success of Chairlift's labelmate, MGMT), I'm sure that we will continue to hear about Chairlift in the future.

I still don't understand how/why Feist won a Grammy.

Johayra F. on September 10, 2008 at 11:11 PM said...

Thanks for this!!

Btw, whats wrong with Feist? I think she's amazing and that she deserved the Grammy. But hey, we have different taste.

mimi on September 11, 2008 at 9:07 AM said...

I think most people like Feist. It's just my personal opinion. I love her voice in BSS songs, but I just wasn't a fan of The Reminder. I only really liked "1234" (and that took awhile, too) and that was written by New Buffalo...

floral canvas on March 21, 2012 at 8:34 AM said...

Great post, thanks a lot for sharing this with us!

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog