Look at me, I made a blog

September 16, 2008

Tokyo Police Club - "Juno (Ra Ra Riot/Andrew Maury Remix)"


From TPC's Bowery Ballroom show last April

I've had the Ra Ra Riot and Andrew Maury (of RAC) remix of Tokyo Police Club's "Juno" for nearly two weeks now. I've been bombarded with so much new music lately that I didn't get a chance to listen to this piece until this morning. The haunting plucked strings of the intro immediately grabbed my attention. What song was this? How long had this been on my iPod and why haven't I noticed? And then, Dave Monks' voice came in, and I realized that this was the remix of "Juno" that I had gotten recently.

I love the moment when Ra Ra Riot's Wes Miles comes in (along with female voice), in perfect harmony with Dave, giving the piece so much more texture. With the additional voices and strings, the remix is not just another remix. Rather, this is a beautiful reinterpretation of "Juno" that is arguably better than the original. Although I was a big fan of Tokyo Police Club's A Lesson in Crime EP, Elephant Shell is one of most disappointing records of this past year. Perhaps you think differently. In any case, maybe it's not that hard for the remix to be better than the original.

Past TPC post here. Tokyo Police Club is currently on tour with Weezer. Past Ra Ra Riot post here. Ra Ra Riot returns to NYC on October 17 with a show at MHOW.

Juno (Ra Ra Riot/Andrew Maury Remix) - Tokyo Police Club


Juno - Tokyo Police Club


Tokyo Police Club

1 comments:

canvas print on November 23, 2011 at 6:19 AM said...

I'm still a big fan of the original, love Tokyo police club!!

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog