Look at me, I made a blog

February 21, 2009

"Everything Is Moving So Fast" - Great Lake Swimmers


via Aquarium Drunkard

My current living situation has become so unbearable that I almost dread waking up in the morning. But, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, and a certain new Great Lake Swimmers song has been coaxing me out of bed. Premiered by You Ain't No Picasso earlier this week, "Everything Is Moving So Fast" is a free mp3 off Lost Channels, Great Lake Swimmers' upcoming follow-up to Ongiara. To be honest, I wasn't too enthralled by "Pulling on a Line," the first single off Lost Channels. I was expecting something more along the lines of "Your Rocky Spine," which is a song that I immediately liked and played constantly. But, this new track makes me excited for the rest of Lost Channels, and it puts a smile on my face in the morning. The perfect, serene start to any day. Take a listen and feel soothed.

Lost Channels is due on March 31. Great Lake Swimmers return to New York on April 16. Catch them at Bowery Ballroom.

Everything Is Moving So Fast - Great Lake Swimmers (via You Ain't No Picasso)


Your Rocky Spine - Great Lake Swimmers | Alternative Link


Great Lake Swimmers

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about 'current living situation'. Hope it gets better. I'll be enjoying the GLS too.

RP

mimi on February 22, 2009 at 2:40 PM said...

Thanks, I think it will get better soon. I seriously can't stop listening to this song, very addicting.

canvas prints on October 12, 2011 at 7:00 AM said...

What a great band and an even better song, thanks a lot for sharing this with us.

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog