Look at me, I made a blog

February 7, 2009

"The Tenure Itch" - The Pains of Being Pure at Heart


via RCRDLBL

When K. of Escape Sounds asked me earlier this week if I had listened to any The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, I confessed that I had started to see some reviews for the band's self-titled album but that I had yet to really listen to any of their music. Also, this band could be in the running for winning a superlative for their bad band name. When I had a chance to check my library, I saw that I had a couple of their tracks that I hadn't even played. My iTunes has become an overwhelming inbox with no foreseeable bottom, so I'm not surprised that this one slipped through the cracks. Per K.'s recommendation, I finally got the rest of TPOBPAH's album and came across this gem. "The Tenure Itch" is my current favorite and is probably a good starting point for this album. Two of the songs available via RCRDLBL, "Come Saturday" and "Everything with You", are a little too indistinguishable for me to listen to repeatedly. But, "The Tenure Itch" is catchy dream pop song that makes me long for the summer. I can just imagine listening to this during the middle of the day at an outdoors festival. Winter, when will you end??

The Pains of Being Pure at Heart play Mercury Lounge tonight and the Bell House on March 13. Their self-titled album is currently available for purchase. Check out Escape Sounds' thoughts on TPOBPAH.

The Tenure Itch - The Pains of Being Pure at Heart


The Pains of Being Pure at Heart

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are we calling them Pains or POBPAH? Also, we're so going. Have you seen/heard ...and you shall know us by the trail of the dead?

canvas art on December 5, 2011 at 6:01 AM said...

Going to have to listen to these now, thanks for sharing.

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog