Look at me, I made a blog

February 25, 2009

"You Were Young" - Giantess


via Giantess Myspace

If you can't get enough of Passion Pit, fear not because another Boston-based band is bringing you all the electro ear candy that you could possibly handle without exploding. Giantess comes recommended to me by the same friend who introduced me to Passion Pit last July. If you take a listen to "You Were Young," this recommendation will be unsurprising since I could imagine people easily mistaking this for a PP track. I did a little searching and turns out Ayad (synths) of PP produces the band. Mystery solved.

Beware, this song is extremely catchy. I didn't think too much of it at first, but then I was humming it at work today. It's kind of annoying that I can't get it out of my head. And, now I'm dancing in my chair. The best kind of dancing, of course.

Giantess' debut is expected to drop on Neon Gold next month. Hopefully, an upcoming NY show is in the works.

In other semi-related news, Neon Gold is raving about the upcoming Passion Pit LP. Hope it lives up to the hype.

You Were Young - Giantess | Alternative Link

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw these guys at The Delancey in November and really liked their set. Most of the songs sounded the same... but I could make that criticism of a lot of bands. Like you said, very catchy material.

mimi on February 26, 2009 at 12:06 AM said...

yea, i can see them being samesies (which is a fear i also have for the upcoming passion pit album). giantess/PP's sound/subgenre or whatnot can get old pretty quickly without enough variation.

henning, you are so indie. can i be invited the next time you do something music-cool?

Anonymous said...

I KNOW, so indie. Of course, I was only there because someone more at one with the music scene (do you know Shruti Kumar?) extended an invitation. I know nothing, Mimi. In the event I wind up planning a musical excursion myself, though, you're at the top of my invite list.

Anonymous said...

fyi: ayad plays synths and samplers in passion pit. ian hultquist plays the guitar & keys.

mimi on March 1, 2009 at 10:57 AM said...

corrected, thanks.

spb on March 2, 2009 at 8:16 PM said...

I don't think they sound nearly as catchy or polished as Passion Pit. Its on my running list now though! thanks for the suggestion.

canvas prints on November 21, 2011 at 7:16 AM said...

Thanks so much for sharing this with us, what a brilliant track.

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog