Look at me, I made a blog

December 25, 2008

Happy Holidays!


via Asthmatic Kitty Records

Because I am full of good karma and luck, I had a seat on the only cancelled United flight from LGA to Chicago yesterday. Supposedly, the flight was cancelled due to “the weather,” but I suspected that this may not have been the case since all the other shuttle flights were good to go. I’d been on standby at the airport since 3 AM, with little to no hope that I would make it home in time for Christmas. The brains at United had managed to overbook every single flight for the day, and the standby list was growing exponentially as a result of the cancelled flights over the last couple days. Thankfully, a kind United employee managed to book me onto a flight around noon. I think she could sense that I was close to a breakdown due to lack of sleep and lack of real food (Au Bon Pain kiosks do not count). But, I'm finally home, and that's what matters. Man, Illinois is so cold and windy.

Happy Holidays!

In other news, a very highly anticipated album has just leaked. You can take a peak at what I'll be listening to for the rest of the day. I wonder if the Web Sheriff is taking a holiday today.

Come on! Feel the Illinoise! - Sufjan Stevens


Did I Make You Cry On Christmas Day? (Well, You Deserved It!) - Sufjan Stevens


Sufjan Stevens

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a nightmare, but I guess a leak is the greatest gift of all.

mimi on December 25, 2008 at 11:53 PM said...

indeed, it was a good xmas surprise. i shouldn't have listened to those two leaked tracks individually. i've killed the "brothersport" closer and i only have myself to blame.

Nate on December 26, 2008 at 12:05 AM said...

merryweather christmas!

large canvas on February 22, 2012 at 7:22 AM said...

Thanks a lot for sharing this with us, thanks a lot for sharing this with us!

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog