Look at me, I made a blog

December 12, 2008

Top Albums of 2008: In Ghost Colours


via betterPropaganda

Arguably one of the most danceable records of the year, Cut Copy’s In Ghost Colours is one of the few albums that I can listen to from start to finish while continuing to dance and sing along. When I first heard “Saturdays” a couple years ago, I wasn’t exactly sold on Cut Copy. Bright Like Neon Love had its catchy moments, but I’d somehow written Cut Copy off as being too retro. What was I thinking? Clearly, I wasn’t thinking.

Now that I’ve listened to more electropop music from Australia, I’ve come to realize that Cut Copy’s 80s dance sound is pretty typical of that scene (i.e. artists on Modular Records). But, since they were the first to catch my attention, Cut Copy has a special place in my heart. How can you not enjoy yourself when you’re listening to “Lights & Music,” “Hearts on Fire,” or “Far Away?”

Read more about why I like Cut Copy and their live shows here. I can't believe I half-blinded myself at one of their shows by losing a contact.

Far Away (Hercules & Love Affair Remix) - Cut Copy


Lights & Music (Radio Edit) - Cut Copy


Cut Copy

Other Top of 2008 Albums:
A Reflection
Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
Atlas Sound - Let the Blind Lead Those Who Can See But Cannot Feel
The Dodos - Visiter
Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes/Sun Giant EP
The Walkmen - You & Me
Ra Ra Riot - The Rhumb Line
TV on the Radio - Dear Science
Department of Eagles - In Ear Park
Deerhunter - Microcastle/Weird Era Cont.

0 comments:

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog