Look at me, I made a blog

December 15, 2008

Top Albums of 2008: You & Me


via Welikeit.indie

Yes, I still remember when the Walkmen performed at the Bait Shop on The O.C.. But, I don’t hold that against them. Regardless of how bad that show was (and how I watched two seasons of it anyway), it is undeniable that The O.C. featured some pretty good music, including Sufjan Stevens, Stars, and Of Montreal. The Walkmen have come a long way since their sophomore effort, Bows + Arrows, which I frankly didn’t love. You & Me was an album that I didn't expect to like, but I was hooked after a couple listens through the entire thing. Every time I listen to a track off this album, I immediate long to have been young during a different decade (possibly the 50's). Although the album was released online in July, I didn't start listening to it until late August/early September. Thanks for turning me onto the Walkmen again, David Chang.

The Walkmen play the Brooklyn Masonic Temple tomorrow night with the Dodos. The only show I’d attended at this venue was TV on the Radio, and the sound system/acoustics were awful. Seems like I'm not the only one to complain about the place.

Listen to my favorite tracks off You & Me here.

Canadian Girl - The Walkmen


The Blue Route - The Walkmen


The Walkmen

Other Top of 2008 Albums:
A Reflection
Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
Atlas Sound - Let the Blind Lead Those Who Can See But Cannot Feel
The Dodos - Visiter
Cut Copy - In Ghost Colours
Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes/Sun Giant EP
Ra Ra Riot - The Rhumb Line
TV on the Radio - Dear Science
Department of Eagles - In Ear Park
Deerhunter - Microcastle/Weird Era Cont.

0 comments:

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog