Look at me, I made a blog

December 21, 2008

Top Albums of 2008: Dear Science


via Time Out

Fall of ’08 saw the release of TV on the Radio’s Dear Science, an album that impressed me upon my very first listen. In a very brief post, I predicted that it would be on my list of top albums. And, here it is. I’m still frustrated with the band for their sub-par show at the Brooklyn Masonic Temple, a performance that was so disappointing that it didn’t merit a post on this blog. I’d been blaming the acoustics/sound system of the venue, but after reading how good The Walkmen were at the space, I don’t really know what to think. Regardless of how disgruntled I am about that show, Dear Science remains one of my favorite albums of 2008. The diversity and consistent quality of its tracks make Dear Science an album that is meant to be enjoyed as exactly that - an album. While many artists strive to produce albums that are meant to be listened from start to finish, I rarely find ones that keep me engaged for its entire length. I almost didn't make it to the second half, because I kept on listening to the first few tracks on repeat.

Other Top Albums of 2008:
A Reflection
Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
Atlas Sound - Let the Blind Lead Those Who Can See But Cannot Feel
The Dodos - Visiter
Cut Copy - In Ghost Colours
Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes/Sun Giant EP
The Walkmen - You & Me
Ra Ra Riot - The Rhumb Line
Department of Eagles - In Ear Park
Deerhunter - Microcastle/Weird Era Cont.

1 comments:

John said...

What an awesome post, thanks so much for sharing this with us!
http://www.simplycanvasart.co.uk/

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog