Look at me, I made a blog

December 14, 2008

Top Albums of 2008: Fleet Foxes/Sun Giant EP


via A Secret Chord


via Chimpomatic

Fleet Foxes was the band that I couldn’t shut up about this year. Ask me for music suggestions, and Fleet Foxes was my automatic response. I’ve bonded with friends, coworkers, strangers who comment here, strangers at shows, etc. over our mutual love of Fleet Foxes. I would talk about this band to anyone who would listen or humor me by pretending to listen. After seeing them at their first New York show back in March, I was pretty much sold for life. Yes, I couldn’t get enough of their live shows, and I ended up seeing them four times this past year. And, I've dragged plenty of people with me to those shows. I can't imagine 2008 without Fleet Foxes, and you probably can't imagine it without my talking about them. I still remember humming "English House" while studying for a midterm during my last semester. I think I failed that exam.

Read more about my love of Fleet Foxes here.

Mykonos - Fleet Foxes


White Winter Hymnal - Fleet Foxes


Fleet Foxes


Video of Robin performing "Crayon Angels" on Black Cab Sessions

Other Top of 2008 Albums:
A Reflection
Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
Atlas Sound - Let the Blind Lead Those Who Can See But Cannot Feel
The Dodos - Visiter
Cut Copy - In Ghost Colours
The Walkmen - You & Me
Ra Ra Riot - The Rhumb Line
TV on the Radio - Dear Science
Department of Eagles - In Ear Park
Deerhunter - Microcastle/Weird Era Cont.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mimi, I have enjoyed all your reviews about my son's band throughout this year!

mimi on December 15, 2008 at 10:54 PM said...

Thanks for reading!

david on December 15, 2008 at 11:27 PM said...

lolkatz!

Nate on December 16, 2008 at 9:12 PM said...

seriously... they're going to be the best band ever. if they aren't already

mimi on December 16, 2008 at 11:33 PM said...

oh yea, i'm always a little shocked when my friends think they're not that good/overrated... i literally haven't thought of a good response to that.

Anonymous said...

... And now love these guys, too! Been listening to their self-titled album on repeat since opening my Amazon package on Friday. Such a rich, full sound - totally transporting, the kind of music that takes you to a very specific place.

mimi on March 17, 2009 at 9:37 PM said...

yes, it transports you to the mountains! they are so incredible live. i have yet to find my "new fleet foxes" of 2009...

cheap canvas art on January 24, 2012 at 12:18 PM said...

What a brilliant post, love this album!

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog