Look at me, I made a blog

December 21, 2008

Top Albums of 2008: In Ear Park


via Department of Eagles

Department of Eagles' In Ear Park is the year's best album to accompany a session of reminiscing, for better or for worse. It was appropriately released in the fall since I very much associate the album with that particular season. Besides the fact that I listened to it a lot in the last couple months, something about In Ear Park invokes images (and memories) of autumn foliage. Or, maybe it's that album cover.

Supposedly the band's only pop song, "No One Does It Like You" is one of my favorite songs of the year. It never fails to make me smile, at least a little bit. Another favorite, "Waves of Rye" reminds me of the electric version of Grizzly Bear's "Little Brother," another great song. Sometimes I almost expect "Waves of Rye" to transition into "Little Brother," mid-song. Can't wait for the upcoming GB album.

If you missed DOE's shows this past year, go see them at Bowery Ballroom on January 19. Details here. Maybe Daniel Rossen will bust out "Deep Blue Sea" at that one. I can only hope...

Past post on Department of Eagles's record release show here.

No One Does It Like You - Department of Eagles


Waves of Rye - Department of Eagles


Department of Eagles

Other Top Albums of 2008:
A Reflection
Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
Atlas Sound - Let the Blind Lead Those Who Can See But Cannot Feel
The Dodos - Visiter
Cut Copy - In Ghost Colours
Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes/Sun Giant EP
The Walkmen - You & Me
Ra Ra Riot - The Rhumb Line
TV on the Radio - Dear Science
Deerhunter - Microcastle/Weird Era Cont.

0 comments:

 
Ology

mp3 blogs
The Hype Machine
Copyright © 2007-2010 Look at me, I made a blog